The DMWD Foundation will not solicit or accept sponsorship’s from corporate entities whose practices, policies, or operations are deemed unacceptable and contrary to the values implicit in its mission.
The DMWD Foundation actively solicits and encourages the business community, service clubs and other organizations to become sponsors of DMWD’s events, programs, and services.
The DMWD Foundation enters into sponsorship agreements with sponsors it deems appropriate. Sponsorship agreements may vary by sponsor. This policy is designed to be mindful of the DMWD Foundation as a non-profit organization under the law.
The DMWD Foundation reserves the right to refuse or decline any offer of sponsorship at its absolute discretion or to negotiate with the sponsor concerning any aspect of a proposed sponsorship.
A sponsorship is defined as a mutually beneficial exchange arranged in advance whereby.
- The DMWD Foundation obtains support for a specified activity.
- Sponsor receives acknowledgement in return for cash and or products and services in kind to the DMWD Foundation.
The DMWD Foundation welcomes corporate sponsorship support of its organizational efforts subject to the following guidelines.
- The DMWD Foundation will not accept corporate sponsorship’s that reflects in a negative manner on the organization, does not align with its mission statement, or is not in the best interest of the health and safety of the organization as determined by decision –making parties listed below.
- The DMWD Foundation does not accept corporate sponsorships from certain categories of products and services ,including alcohol products, illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia ,weapons, tobacco products or establishments, sexual escort services, gambling opportunities or casinos, and check cashing services.
- The DMWD Foundation does not endorse, directly or by implication any products, services or ideas promoted except those sponsored directly by the organization.
- Individual DMWD staff should not receive any substantial benefit from association with sponsors. Any commissions, substantial gifts, or other financial benefits should be brought to the attention of the CEO or Partnership Manager.
- The DMWD Foundation must retain control over any sponsored program and sponsors should not have any input into operational matters relating to a project they have sponsored.
- This policy is not applicable to philanthropic contributions, grants or unsolicited donations in which no benefits are granted to the sponsor and where no business relationship exists.
BE GOOD. DO GOOD. @dmwdfoundation